Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

By Candlelight

Soft glow of flaming tapir
Shadows flickering on the wall
Outlines of beauty highlighted
Projected power to enthrall
Muted music in classic melody
Words tied to soft refrain
Oh to glory in the moment
Those youthful feelings to regain
How swiftly this lifetime movement
Was this person really me
To slay the dragon and save the princess
A love to last for eternity
Now drink the wine of our contentment
Enjoy the roll of distant drum
Start the contest over
I feel that I have just begun

1 Comments:

Blogger Jo Hole said...

Dear Carol, I don't know if you will read this, but, I hope so. I haven't wanted to call you, and bother you, but, we were so sad to learn of Kennys death. He was a great person, and the world is sad about his passing. You guys had a wonderful life together and the memories of that will comfort you some. Take care and would love to hear from you, when things settle down, I will call you. Love Jo, and Bob too.

August 17, 2008 at 7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home