Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Last Exhalation

The Last Exhalation
by kenny merrell

What will the feeling be, the last exhalation?
Will the soul be within that last breath
Free at last to seek heavens door?
So seldom able to reflect on past events
Is it dormant within the heart
To ponder on the teachings
Is salvation still within the grasp
Or must the soul wander
Till that final day
When all are called to be judged
Upon their merit
The reflection of a mans persona
Is best described by others,
Who will be my witness?
Who will be my champion?
Or will I stand upon my own actions
Slowly I must take in each cleansing breath
Reflecting on his promise
Knowing full well I will never know
Until
The last exhalation

1 Comments:

Blogger Phyllis said...

"Is salvation still within the grasp"
I truly believe that we all have the chance to make that final decision as we make that final exhalation.
It will be euphoric.

September 21, 2006 at 10:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home