Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Summer Romance

Summer Romance
by kenny merrell

I think of you in summer
White hot
Scorching my very soul
Sizzling sounds in the sunlight
Lost within the moment of a kiss
Inflamed I whimper in madness
Withering heat intense beyond belief
We met within the summer heat spell
You my only relief
I think of you as the cooling breeze at midnight
My oasis as I face a life of thirst
You my only salvation
My one and only from the first
How cool I feel when I hold you closely
My heart rhythmic in my chest
A summer romance turned into a lifetime
The flame forever at its best

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lou said...

See how you are? I dont stop by for awhile because you arent posting often and WHAP!! You post several!!!

Good poems all!! :)

September 9, 2006 at 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home