Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

The Feeling Is Still There

The feeling is still there
by kenny merrell

Lately in my life
I’ve become accustom to
A forgetfulness of intention
Oh by the way, did I tell you,
Of the forgetfulness,
I forgot to mention?
It strikes when I am not aware
Or during stressful situations.
Embarrassing as it is, I make excuses
To explain this inattention
Birthdays, anniversaries,
Any holiday, creeps up without recollection
On Sunday morn I even forget to
Put money in the collection
I now must face the realization
‘Tis age related indiscretions
And when I forget our anniversary
Believe me when I say
I had all the good intention
To buy flowers or a dinner out
A gigantic celebration
My memory is gone
But I’ll never forgot the sensation
Of bright stars, moonlit nights
With you by my side
A marriage made in heaven
"Now, did I take you out for our anniversary
Or was that last year?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home