Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sentimental Treasures

Sentimental Treasures

by kenny merrell

Cleaning out the closet
I discovered a box
Tied with a ribbon of long ago
Battered and forlorn from too many moves
Forgotten, tattered and torn
Oh! but the treasures locked inside!
Many sentimental treasures I found.
There were memories I’ve forgotten
Of melodies sung
Trinkets of lovely sounds
A button, a necklace, a round river rock
Some theater tickets from a forgotten show
I was holding a lifetime of memories,
Tied with a beautiful bow.
It made me wonder
What our children would think
If discovered after we were gone
Would they realize?
They held our life
In the palm of their hand.
Could they feel the romance in our soul?
After a few tears were shed
I once more hid the box
Anticipating our next anniversary
I reflected on the joy with you I would share.
What a treasure to find unexpectedly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home