Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Mothers Day

It was such a difficult time standing in the viewing room looking at my mom.
I stared above her head wishing there would be her spirit waiting there for me.
I thought if I could turn my head quick enough she would be standing behind me and I could see her once again. I stayed the whole time staring hoping, but, no, there was nothing. I could feel no sense of her. She was gone forever and now could only live in my mind. I wrote this and after review I realized what a spoiled kid I still was when it concerned my Mom . This poem only emphasizes how I was only thinking of myself.

Mother Oh, Mother
By kenny merrell


Mother! Oh, Mother
Who will caress my wrinkled brow
Tell me to continue, somehow
Put me on the road to righteousness
Stop my tears with just a kiss
Mother! Oh, Mother
Where have you gone
Leaving me in such a world
How will I carry on
God in all his wisdom
Took you to a better place
Noticed your beauty of soul
And all your grace
Mother! Oh, Mother
I will miss you so
Please come in dreams and visit me
So I will know
You are still within my realm
Of consciousness
So in slumber I will not miss
Those old time gospel songs
You sang to me
Kept me in a state of harmony
And now how will I carry on
HOW WILL I CARRY ON!
Mother! Oh, Mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home