Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

evening solitude

Evening Solitude
By kenny merrell

Evening solitude
Sweet soundless calm
Hear my prayer, Lord
Hear my song
Precious feelings
Love of mine
How we endured
Afflictions of time
Thank you Lord
For all you’ve given
My soul is gladdened
My heart is filled
All memories of
Life fulfilled
Tender blessings
Oft surround
Our life story
Heaven bound

2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lou said...

You write so well, Kenny!!! Have you collected enough to have them published yet? You oughta think about it.

April 21, 2005 at 12:50 PM  
Blogger lettersfromkenny said...

thank you both for your kind comments. I have this terrible inferiority about my writing so I tend to just write and show to KIND friends .LOL

April 22, 2005 at 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home