Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Monday, July 19, 2004

a butterfly

A butterfly
By kenny merrell


A butterfly is a wondrous thing
Multicolor hue on gossamer wing
Nectar sweet alighting light
Pollen for slippers beginning flight
Flitting here fluttering there
Random patterns fill the air
Such beauty is springtime
With flowers in bloom
Sun’s gentle caress dispelling gloom
Winter’s end
Spring brings the news
Beginning again within a painters muse
A butterfly is a wondrous thing
Multicolor hue on gossamer wing

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a wonderful poem! Have you always written poetry or is this just since you retired?

Carol never mentioned it!!! tsk tsk

MLC

July 20, 2004 at 7:46 PM  
Blogger lettersfromkenny said...

I always thought that way but didn't really start writing until the personal computer came out and I had my triple -by-pass ,the death of my parents and cousin,my walks, everything gave me time for more contemplation. Sometimes(through out the years) I would dream these fantastic poems ,but for the life of me I could never remember them when I woke up. One night I could only remember one line "Love is a reflected thought" Which is true because if someone doesnt love us back we move on. Of course this doesn't include the love for kids or parents.
I have tried numerous times to use this line but can't. It's very frustrating LOL

July 21, 2004 at 9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home