Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Listening To The Sound Of My Heart

Listening to the sound of my heart
By kenny merrell

Time is a cruel taskmaster
Using my heart to count
The moments of my life
Each beat moves me closer to the last beat
I stop and listen
Feel my chest
Touch my neck to see
Is it still there?
The beat of my heart
Does it falter?
Sometimes when I see your face
I feel an extra beat
My senses quicken
I feel young again
I remember a time when
Just the thought of you
Would make my heart race
Time has slowed me down
But still I feel that slight
Anticipation of a touch
Lying in bed
You by my side
I reach over to assure myself
That you are still there
Every day I worry
I worry about not being near you
It ruins the time I have left
I hope I can handle my death gracefully
We come into the world alone
And sometime, by the grace of God
We meet our soul mate,
I have
I pity all those that have not
They suffer the beat of their lonely heart




5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lou said...

Vegas is right!!! You have a talent. I KNEW people would want to read it!!! This one was wonderful!!

July 14, 2004 at 8:35 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

I'm impressed!
Your wife is a very lucky lady to have you in her life!!
I haven't met my soulmate yet. But I don't think of my heart as beating lonely because I am surrounded by friends, and family, and I sure feel their love!
Thanks for the beautiful poem!!

July 15, 2004 at 9:47 PM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

And Carol KNOWS it too!!! But just MAYBE he wasnt writting about her....ya spose?

July 16, 2004 at 12:21 AM  
Blogger lettersfromkenny said...

Mary Lou your a real INSTIGATOR!!!!! LOL hugs kenny

July 16, 2004 at 4:16 PM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

TEE HEE!!!! :)

July 18, 2004 at 11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home