Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Friday, July 09, 2004

some reflections during my walk

I walked to the library yesterday. I had my little radio and was slowly meandering home when a song came on I had never heard before. I was listening to KYCW 1090 AM. They play "oldies" country western. I tried to remember the name of the song, but by the time I got home the title had completely escaped me. I think it is "When Your Memory Catches Up With Me" (sounds country doesn't it?) LOL The lyrics are really beautiful. I wished I could write like that! I have tried to find the lyrics, but so far no luck. Somehow I have probably scewed up the title. If any of you have heard the song or know it ,HELP!
I have a poem that was a favorite of mine in high school It is called "Memory" and it was written by Thomas Bailey Aldrich

Memory

My mind lets go a thousand things
Like dates of wars and deaths of kings,
And yet recalls the very hour--
'T was noon by yonder village tower,
And on the last blue noon in May--
The wind came briskly up this way,
Crisping the brook beside the road;
Then, pausing here, set down its load
Of pine-scents, and shook listlessly
Two petals from that wild-rose tree.

Thomas Bailey Aldrich

Emotions always seems to last longer than the witten word. Hugs Kenny


2 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lou said...

I saw the movie but have not read any of his books. I may have to.

The poem is one that I have read before and loved. it is almost Robert Frost-ish!

July 9, 2004 at 3:20 PM  
Blogger lettersfromkenny said...

well i found my song "When The Thought Of You Catches Up With Me by David Ball so I have ordered the CD

July 10, 2004 at 9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home