Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Sorrow's Door

Sorrow's door
By Kenny merrell

I knocked upon sorrows door
And cried, “no more, no more!”
Release me from this pain I feel
Hold my hand until it’s time to go
Count the years from dusk to dawn
Seemingly one long day
Where once I tripped and fell
Into a burning maelstrom
Now all that’s lefts are recriminations felt
In desperation I cry
Oh, Lord, please hold my hand
Please hold my hand
Please hold my hand
Memories have become my salvation
Love from past reflection
I now live within my experience
Trying hard to repent
And say I’m sorry for the things I’ve done
Never realizing in the end we all pay
Never will there be
Enough time
Oh Lord, please hold my hand
Please hold my hand
Please hold my hand

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

November 11, 2008 at 10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home