Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Joy and Sadness Unbidden

Joy and Sadness Unbidden
By kenny merrell

There are extreme points of joy
That comes upon me unaware
My eyes fill with tears
Unable to control these emotions
Not knowing why
Followed by a sadness unbidden
Missing something I know not what
Longing to fill passion’s grip
Small thrills escape my control
The most common events
Spark passion intensely felt
Thoughts of one’s mortality
Bring me to sadness
Beauty is seen in everyday movement
Remaining unspoken
Not able to verbalize such feelings
So eternal
They cause a searing pain
Yet thankful for God’s bountiful harvest
Within a structure of a lifetime
I remain

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lou said...

THERE YOU ARE! I was starting to worry about you!!

Hey Carol, We gotta start dancing early...they are saying no snow this year. Warm and dry winter. PHHFFFTTTT!!! bummer!

October 19, 2004 at 12:41 AM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Yeah, welcome back! I like that poem.

October 28, 2004 at 8:52 PM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

Hey Kenny, is everything ok?

November 12, 2004 at 12:14 PM  
Blogger lettersfromkenny said...

Hi Mary Lou, Thanks for asking. Everything is fine. Carol and I celebrate our 46th wedding anniversary on Monday 15, Nov. I had to go to the dentist last month and they set up a procedure that would take about 2 hours . The date they picked sounded kind of familiar , but I couldn't quiet remember the significance of it. When I got home and looked at the calendar I knew I was in trouble. It was our anniversary.. I quickly called and changed the appointment for a week later. Now ain't I the most romantic guy you have ever had the pleasure to know? It is not every man who would give up a dental appointment to celebrate his anniversary! LOL I enjoy your writings and have been checking you out every few days. With me it has become extremely difficult to have anything intelligent to say (dare I mention it ? You know "writers Block")
I hopefully can work through it and get through it. Here is a quote I wish to pass on to you:
"We are, all of us, molded and remolded by those who have loved us, and though that love may pass we remain none the less their work -- a work that very likely they do not recognize, and which is never exactly what they intended. " -Francois Mauriac
By you touching me you have become a part of me. Hugs Kenny

November 14, 2004 at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home