Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Mary Lou reminded me of one of my pracical jokes

When Carol and I were stationed at NAS Twin Cities(Minneapolis , MN)we lived in a trailer park ,in a three bedroom mobile home. This was in 1969 and the
kids were ken 09 , shannon08, and rod 05. Across the street a lady (Janet)lived with her husband and 5 kids. they were all of school age from
teenager to grade school. Whenever she would leave home she would lock up her trailer, take her keys and put them in her shed which was right next to
the trailer. This shed had a combination lock on it and this way when the kids came home and needed in the trailer they could unlock the shed , get the keys and open the door.(that way the kids wouldn't have to carry keys)
One morning I was looking out the blinds and saw her lock her door then put the keys in the shed. I wondered to myself "what would she do if her phone
rang?" So of course I called her. I could see the action take place like a silent movie.
Her hand went to her ear, she listened, started frantically dialing the combination lock opening the shed grabbing her keys unlocking the door.......

I hung up before she answered the phone. She came out, locked her door, put her keys in the shed locked the shed door and I dialed her number again ! It was exactly the same. She listened heard the phone unlocked the shed opened the door. I hung up. I know you wont believe this but we did it 5 times! I was peeking out my window, laughing so hard my blinds were shaking! Finally on the fifth time she realized something wasn't quite right. I couldn't stop laughing and she saw me and realized it was me. She stood in the street shouting and shaking her fist at me! Then she realized the humor of it and said. I'll get even with you! LMAO Of course she didn't , Thankfully, she had a forgiving nature

1 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lou said...

We will have to make sure you and Phyllis never are in the same place at the same time!!!

August 6, 2004 at 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home