Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Fairy Rings

Have you ever had a fairy ring? Wait a minute I am not
talking   "Gay Liberation", "Gay Rights ", or "Gay
Marriage". I am talking about the concentric circles that
magically appear in your yard. Right now in my back
yard it looks like a picture of Mickey Mouse drawn in
Toadstools or mushrooms. If my back yard was bigger it
could be the Olympic Games symbol. I have three large
ones about 12 ft in diameter . How do I get rid of them?

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lou said...

I have them too!!! I was wondering if they were edible.

I think you have a lack of something in your soil...lime I think. so if you sprinkle them with lime, they should go away...Bob says why would you want to get rid of them? They are neat.

September 26, 2004 at 1:11 PM  
Blogger rmacapobre said...

animal sacrifice? the neighbors dog would do. hehe just kidding. are you sure its some prank?

September 26, 2004 at 11:10 PM  
Blogger lettersfromkenny said...

mary lou I have been reading up on them and there really not much you can do about them other than digging them up . I wouldn't dare eat them they could be the poisonous ones. Google has a bunch of sites that you can look at info on them just put fairy ring in the space. On my walk I see many yards with them it is pretty cool looking

September 27, 2004 at 8:03 PM  
Blogger lettersfromkenny said...

Fairy rings

Symptoms

Circles or arcs of lush green grass in spring or early summer. Depending on the fungus responsible the circle may be zoned with a middle zone of dead grass or 'thatch', particularly obvious in dry weather.

In late summer and autumn toadstools may appear at the outer ring edge, encouraged by damp weather.

September 27, 2004 at 8:09 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

We get them alot here. My fried picks mushrooms and eats them but I would need to see them to see if they are edible or not.

October 24, 2004 at 1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home