Letters from Kenny

A collection of thoughts and letters and poems written by Kenny...a 60's something retired Navy man with a Whirlwind for a wife.

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Tell Me A Memory

Carol and I play this game. "Tell Me A Memory" (I made it up)
She tells me one of her favorites and I tell her mine. It gets a little emotional (duh) ,but it does help me realize the wonderful life I have had.(here is the poem) hugs kenny

Tell Me A Memory
by kenny merrell


Tell me a memory of times past
where we captured the moon
the stars so bright we traced our name in the sky
Rainbows in bands of color bright
showed the way to treasures of the mind,
time was but a word and
dreams always had happy endings.
Tell me a memory as we sit holding hands
and cry of news of sadness and
think of the words “In sickness and in health” and
“For better or for worse “ which were only random concepts to contemplate
Now each day becomes a memory
As sunrise and sunset become brighter, purer,
a precious gift from our Lord and Savior
we share with each other and marvel at such a life
Tell me a memory
Where “Now I lay me down to sleep”
Etched in stone ,tossed into the sea
Tells a memory

5 Comments:

Blogger Mary Lou said...

Kenny you need to publish these poems for the kids. actually if you just print out your blog the poems would all be there and then you can put them into a 3 ring binder.

Carol, take care of him!!

July 12, 2008 at 12:24 AM  
Blogger Mary Lou said...

Carol, I am so sorry for your loss of Kenny, I know how much the two of you meant to each other. He will be missed!

August 15, 2008 at 3:04 PM  
Blogger Phyllis said...

Carol, Kenny's poetry told the love he had for you and life! I am sorry for your loss.

August 16, 2008 at 10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carol: "Pete" and I are so sorry to hear of Kenny's passing. He was always wonderful, kind, loving, and funny.

Patty

August 17, 2008 at 10:08 AM  
Blogger Jo Hole said...

Carol, Bob & I were so sad to learn of Kennys passing. We are so happy that we were able to visit with you in July. He was one of the sweetest men I have ever known. You & the kids cetaily must be so proud to have loved him. His poems were wonderful. Take care and you are in our thoughts and prayers. Love Jo and Bob

August 19, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home